top of page
  • How does our new Salary Compensation Model work?
    We use annual data from the California Federation of Teachers (CFT) salary survey for determining the salary scale for full-time (both instructional and non-instructional) as well as part-time faculty (both instructional and non-instructional). Our agreement stipulates that YCCD salaries shall be compared with all community college districts in the State of California, of which there are currently seventy-one (71), not including the YCCD, and will be calculated to be at the median of that comparison. A key factor in this agreement is that our salaries will match that median in the following academic year, which is why it is referred to as a "trailing median." In this way, when other California Community College salaries increase, ours will, too. In the unlikely event that they decrease, ours will hold steady and not change. For complete information, check out Article 14 of the contract.
  • How do I find information on the Faculty Service Area (FSA)?
    Article 20 of the YFA Faculty Contract states that faculty requesting an additional Faculty Service Area (FSA) must submit a completed FSA Application form and all evidence (i.e., transcripts, credentials, appropriate licenses, work experience verification, approved equivalencies, resume, etc.) to the appropriate Academic Senate Office by October 15. Please read Article 20 for specific information on eligibility criteria and the overall process. The FSA Committee will meet and finalize determinations by November 15 and those determinations will then appear on the December YCCD Board of Trustees agenda for approval. Upon Board approval, Human Resources will notify faculty applicants and the additional FSA will be recorded in the faculty member’s personnel file. If you should have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to email Geri Wend, YFA Executive Assistant at or call/text Geri on her cell: (209) 918-4553.
  • How do I make a complaint that does not deal with discrimination?
    If faculty members have complaints that do not deal with unlawful discrimination, they can write a statement of complaint to the appropriate person. For example, if you have a complaint against a colleague, you can try talking with the colleague first. If that doesn't work, you can write a letter of complaint to your dean. Your VP/Grievance Officer will be happy to help you.
  • What is the effect of the Janus decision on YFA faculty?
    On June 27, the US Supreme Court handed down a decision in Janus v. AFSCME, ruling that public-sector employee unions (such as YFA) may no longer collect “fair share” or “agency” fees from employees who are not recognized as members of the union. For YFA members in good standing, the Janus decision will not affect your membership status. For non-member faculty, the decision means that the Payroll Department will no longer deduct the $20 per semester Fair Share Service Fee from your paycheck.
  • I want to retire soon. How do I know when the new salary with the 10% raise will be credited as a full year for STRS?
    This is a complicated question. First, by May 30th your new base salary will be in place and reflected in your paycheck. This will be the base salary figure that the District reports to STRS. However, the 2018/2019 base earnings will be short for all of us who stood together to strike against the District's unfair labor practices. For the sake of accuracy, if you are trying to calculate when you want to retire, you should contact STRS to discuss your years of service. You can contact them at: 800-228-5453 or 916-414-1099.
bottom of page